2D1N MOUNT KINABALU CLIMB WITH VIA FERRATA (LOW’S PEAK CIRCUIT)
Mount Kinabalu Climb With Via Ferrata for those with an
above average fitness
level. Start off at Timpohon gate, make it to Pendant Hut and continue to Low’s Peak, go for Low’s Peak Circuit and return to Timpohon gate.
one night of
MYR 1950 per pax
with a minimum of 1 adult per booking.
** You will be not required to pay extra cost unless otherwise stated.
Tour Code ABK-MK05 Package 2D1N Mount Kinabalu Climb With Via Ferrata (Low’s Peak Circuit) Duration 2D1N Price From MYR 1950 Per Person Minimum 1 adult(s) per order Track Route Timpohon > Pendant Hut > Low’s Peak > Low’s Peak Circuit > Timpohon Fitness Level 4 / 5 Departure Time 0600 – 0645 hrs Promotional Package Rates Per Adult (No hidden or extra costs unless otherwise stated) Tour Validity PRICE VALID till 31st December 2017 HIGHLIGHTS
- Mount Kinabalu Climb via Timpohon Trail
- Low’s Peak Summit (Highest Elevation 4095.2M)
- Via Ferrata Activity (Low’s Peak Circuit)
- 1 Night Pendant Hut
Year 2017 Price Rate
Valid from 1st Jan 2017 – 31st December 2017 Group Size MALAYSIAN INTERNATIONAL 1 Pax MYR 2450 MYR 2650 2-3 Pax MYR 2150 MYR 2350 4-6 Pax MYR 2050 MYR 2250 7-15 Pax MYR 2000 MYR 2200 16-36 Pax MYR 1950 MYR 2150 37 Pax & Above For big group discounts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly. NOTE
- Rate Per Person is based on Join-In Tour Basis (shared vehicle).
- All rates displayed are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- All rates displayed are subject to 6% Goods & Service Tax (GST).
SAMPLE TOUR ITINERARY
DAY 1 – KOTA KINABALU / KINABALU PARK HQ / TIMPOHON GATE / ASCEND MOUNT KINABALU / PENDANT HUT
- (06:00 Hrs – 06:45 Hrs) Pick-up from your hotel lobby and depart on a 2 hrs journey to Kinabalu Park Headquarter. Collect your packed lunch.
- (09:00hr) Our guide will arrange for all necessary registrations, assign you a mountain guide and apply for your ID TAG.
- Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times.
- You’ll then be transferred to starting point – Timpohon Gate – where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo’s highest mountain begins!
- The climb will take approximately 4-5 hours.
- The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetations.
- (15:00hr) Arrive at Pendant hut @ 3,289m and settle in.
- (15:30hr) Attend the mandatory Via Ferrata familiarization in Pendant Hut and meet your Mountain Torq trainer.
- (18:00hr) Buffet Dinner at Laban Rata restaurant and overnight at Pendant Hut.
- (20:00hr) Lights out.
(Packed Lunch, Buffet Dinner)
DAY 2 – LOW’S PEAK / LOW’S PEAK CIRCUIT / DESCEND MOUNT KINABALU / KOTA KINABALU
- (01:30hr) Wake up for early supper & pack up.
- (02:30hr) Continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu.
- (05:40hr) Summit Low’s peak @ 4,095m and catch the sunrise.
- (06:00hr) Descend Low’s Peak to meet your Mountain Torq trainer.
- (06:30hr) Meet your via ferrata trainer at the 7.5 km mark for Low’s Peak Circuit via ferrata experience (intermediate via ferrata, 4 to 5 hrs, French grade AD)
- (11:00hr) Return to Pendant Hut for a well earned late breakfast.
- (12:00hr) Check out of Pendant Hut.
- Descend to Timpohon Gate.
- Arrive at Timpohon Gate (Est. arrival 16:00hrs to 18:00hrs) and transfer to headquarter to collect certificate of achievement.
- Lunch will be served in Kinabalu Park.
- Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu city. Journey takes approx. 2 hrs.
(Early Supper, Breafast, Lunch)
~ END OF TOUR ~
01 Breakfast, 02 Lunches, 01 Dinner & 01 Supper
Meals as Stated, 01 Night Accommodation, Entrance Fee, Return Hotel Transfer (Seat-In-Coach), Return Transfer (Park HQ – Timpohon Gate – Park HQ), Mountain Guide, Via Ferrata Trainer, Climbing Insurance, Climbing Permit and Certificates, English Speaking Support Team
01 Night Pendant Hut @ Panalaban (Non-Heated Dormitory Bunk-bed with sharing bathroom & toilet)
Airfares, Optional Tipping & Porter Fee, Alcoholic Drinks, Any Items Not Mentioned
NOTE ON MEAL ARRANGEMENT
- Lunch will be converted to packed lunch on Day 02 (Mt Kinabalu Descent) for climbers who arrived late and missed the lunch timing.
Balsam Restaurant Lunch Time: 12:00 – 16:00hr.
THINGS YOU SHOULD PREPARE
Waterproof backpack, trekking or running shoe, jacket or wind breaker, extra clothing, small tower, hand gloves and winter hat, raincoats, head torch, toiletries, water bottle, high energy food.
ABOUT CLIMB TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
- Our friendly guide will greet and meet you at the Airport arrival hall or your Hotel lobby with a placard bearing your good name. Should you encounter difficulties in locating our guide, you could call our local ground handler who will assist you.
- We do not recommend you to catch your flight on the same day that you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
- For 1 Day Packages, our transport will pick you up from your Hotel between 05:30hr – 06:00hr. (Arrange with your hotel for early breakfast)
- For 2 Days / 1 Night packages, our transport will pick you up from your Hotel between 06:30hr – 07:00hr. (Arrange with your hotel for early breakfast)
- For 2 Days / 1 Night packages with via ferrata, our transport will pick you up from your Hotel between 06:00hr – 06:45hr. (Arrange with your hotel for early breakfast)
- For 3 Days / 2 Nights packages and beyond, our transport can pick you up from either Airport OR your Hotel. Time is dependent on your arrival flight schedule. Please provide us your flight details.
- Add MYR 30nett per person per way for transport to/from locations outside Kota Kinabalu city (e.g. Beringgis Beach Resort/Langkah Syabas Beach Resort / Papar / Kinarut Area).
- All transportations are based on Seat-In-Coach. This is a transfer service in which clients share their vehicle with other clients. This is a door-to-door service with multiple pickups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- After descending to Kinabalu Park HQ, climbers are subject to pre-determined pickup time set by Amazing Borneo Tours with the last transport returning to Kota Kinabalu city latest by 18:00hrs. We will ensure your possible wait of not more than 2 hours at Park HQ. However, if you missed the last transport (which is unlikely) or wish to depart at your own preferred timing, we can arrange a vehicle for private transfer for you (Subject to availability). Please understand that the surcharge for any private transfer will have to be borne by you.
- Private Transfer Surcharge:- MYR 250/vehicle/way
- Our group rates are quoted without deviation, which means we provide only one return transfers for your group. If your group requires more than one return transfers, additional transfer charges may apply.
MOUNTAIN TORQ POLICY
- Climbers MUST present their original passports/IC for climb registration at Kinabalu Park HQ on the actual day of climb. Please bring it along with you.
- Climbers MUST attend the compulsory Via Ferrata briefing/training session in Pendant Hut between 15:00hrs-16:00hrs(Latest Cut-off time) on 1st day of climb.
- Climbers MUST descend & arrive at starting point by 07:00hrs (LPC) or 07:30hrs (WTT) for each activity (Latest Cut-off time) on 2nd day of climb.
- All Via Ferrata activities will be conducted together in mix groups by qualified Mountain Torq Via Ferrata trainers.
- Climbers who fail to comply with the timing will not be able to proceed with the selected Via Ferrata activity. NO reimbursement shall be made.
- Via Ferrata activity can be cancelled due to bad weather for the safety of all climbers, NO reimbursement shall be made.
** Please do not rush or be disappointed should you not be able to make it on time or if the activity is cancelled. Safety comes first, as you can still reach the Low’s Peak summit without going through the Via Ferrata activity.
NOTE FROM SABAH PARKS
- Do take note that your passport will be required for verification during registration at the Kinabalu Park office. Please bring it along with you.
- It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
- Children below 15 years old must fill in the indemnity form upon registration at Park Headquarters.